Your Privacy Rights
|Petrib is committed to protecting the privacy of our users, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to this web site. It does not apply to information we collect in any other fashion.
By clicking the “Accept” button during registration or by using this site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, of the collection, use and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Statement. Please read this Statement carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under law. If you disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on the Web site, we recommend that you do not use it.
|We self-certify compliance with
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to Petrib.com and its associated community sites (including but not limited to Otrib.com, etc.) (the “Site” or Sites”), which is owned by Austin Siena LLC (dba Otrib) or its affiliated companies (“Otrib”). It is Petrib’s policy to comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
The Sites contain links to other web sites over which we have no control. Petrib is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information We Collect and Retain
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to read the content portions of our Site. We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit our Sites: personal information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the web site whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect in some areas of our Site, depending on the services you use and local law, are:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit card number
- Contact information
- Billing information
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so
Demographic information is information that is not unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics, such as your ZIP code or postal code, age, preferences, gender, race or ethnicity, occupation, career history, interests and favorites.
We also collect behavioral information regarding how you use our sites, the areas of our site that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geolocation, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
In addition, Petrib may collect indirect information about you when you use certain third party services on our web site. For example if you provide a title of ‘Mrs.’ we will assume you are female.
How Information is Used
We use the information we gather on the web site for the purposes of providing our services, responding to any queries you may have, operating and improving the web site, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer to consumers and businesses. Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to end of life events. The information we gather on any Petrib web site may be shared within the Petrib group of companies on a worldwide basis, including countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection with respect to your country of residence, in order to deliver these products and services.
By registering with Petrib, by managing your profile, or opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways:
- to allow you to create an account;
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us;
- to contact you about Petrib Site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and estate planning advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Petrib or its affiliates (“Affiliates” means entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with Petrib, Inc.);
- to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners;
- to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare background and experience;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our site; and
- to provide ‘forward to a friend’ features.
Some of our products and services enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you. Profile information may be used for networking with other community members or may be visible to businesses that are using the Petrib Sites. In addition, portions of your profile may be made public.
Information you post in public areas of the site will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection with respect to your country of residence. By providing your personal information for inclusion in our database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described here. While Petrib takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, Petrib does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Petrib Sites. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information to any Petrib Site.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We disclose to third parties within your country and abroad your personal information, combined personal, demographic, behavioral or indirect information, as set forth below.
1. We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals may be located in a country whose data protection legislation is different from your country, and they will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will remain the data controller and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
2. We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. If you indicate by configuring your profile that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to select third parties such as data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party.
We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the Sites with Petrib’s clients, partners, other Site visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Sites and how those visitors use the Sites. We may also aggregate on an anonymous basis. Such data may be made available to businesses or community members.
3. We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. Because Austin Siena LLC (dba Otrib and/or Petrib) is a US company and information collected on our Sites is stored in whole or in part in the United States, your information may become subject to U.S. law.
4. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires any or all of Petrib’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Petrib becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, Petrib or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Sites.
Again, in each of these situations, the recipients of your data may potentially be located in any country in the world. If you are a resident in any EU member state, for example, you must be aware that the EU authorities do not generally consider that the regulations of non-EU countries ensure an adequate or equivalent level of protection as compared to the EU data protection regulations.
Posting Your Information to Public Areas of Petrib
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of Petrib, such as in online forums or chat rooms, such information may be collected and used by others over whom Petrib has no control. We cannot control the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of Petrib.
Your Choices About Your Information
We retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use with us more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may have access to, review, correct, update, change or delete your account profile information at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile or resume, and make the necessary changes. Before providing you with a copy of your personal information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the personal information to which you have requested access. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by Petrib if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
If you wish to delete or close your account or account profile information altogether, please click here to contact us. An email will be sent to you to confirm that your personal information has been deleted (save for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as Petrib reasonably considers necessary for audit and record purposes. We will retain logs, demographic, indirect, and statistical information about you and keep an archival copy of this information in an anonymized form. If your personal information was previously accessed by others using our Sites, we are not able to delete the information or copies thereof from their systems.
If you wish to revoke your consent to our Privacy Statement, please click here to contact us. However, please note that if you do withdraw your consent, you may not be able to use the relevant services and your account and profile information will be deleted.
If you previously opted to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from Petrib or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by editing your account profile as described above. If you previously opted not to receive such communications, you may later opt-in by editing your account profile.
You are responsible for ensuring that your log-in credentials (your username and password) are kept confidential.
Petrib has implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Moreover, one of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your profile widely. Accordingly, such an environment does present a risk that unauthorized third parties will view this data. Further, your account profile should not contain any sensitive data. You should be aware that tributes, community comments and other user-generated content you complete at your current place of work may be monitored by your current employer.
When you place an order online at Petrib, your credit card information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") protocol. SSL makes it difficult for your credit card information to be intercepted or stolen while being transmitted. Petrib uses a service company to process its credit card transactions. For further information on this company’s privacy and security practices, please click here.
Petrib is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
Safe Harbor and International Transfers
We are self-certified to the United States/European Union Safe Harbor Program regarding the collection, processing and retention of personal information from the European Union covered by the Privacy Statement. Austin Siena LLC (dba Otrib and/or Petrib), has certified adherence to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles for each of the Sites. For more information about the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor web site. If you would like to contact us directly about the Safe Harbor program, please send an e-mail to privacystatement@Petrib.com.
Austin Siena LLC (dba Otrib and/or Petrib) are members of the TRUSTe privacy seal program, the TRUSTe E.U. Safe Harbor seal program and the TRUSTe dispute resolution program. Please consult the TRUSTe Web site http://www.truste.com for more information concerning TRUSTe’s privacy programs and dispute resolution procedures. The TRUSTe programs cover only information collected through Petrib, and does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from the Sites.
If you live outside the EEA, Petrib endeavors to comply with applicable law for the international transfer of your personal information.
Changes to Privacy Statement
If we decide to change the substance of our Privacy Statement for Petrib, we will, where required, contact you via the email address that you maintain in your profile. We will also post those changes through a prominent notice on the web site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it.
Legal and Contact Information
Your data is submitted to Austin Siena LLC (dba Otrib and/or Petrib) and is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated in the United States owned and maintained by Austin Siena LLC (dba Otrib and/or Petrib), a Massachusetts Limited Liability Corporation, whose principal place of business is at 175 Everett Street, Concord 01742, Masschusetts, USA. Austin Siena LLC (dba Otrib and/or Petrib), is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the information gathered at the Sites and is the data controller of all data stored in the Petrib database.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or believe that we have not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please feel free to email us at privacystatement@Petrib.com or contact us at
Austin Siena LLC (dba Otrib and/or Petrib)
175 Everett Street
Concord, MA 01742
We will use reasonable efforts to answer promptly your question or resolve your problem.
Your California Rights
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing privacystatement@Petrib.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
* Cookies: Petrib uses "cookies" to help personalize and maximize your online experience and time online. A cookie is a text file that is either stored in your computer’s memory temporarily (a “session” cookie) or placed on your hard drive (a “persistent” cookie) by a Web page server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We use “persistent” cookies primarily to ensure that we do not show you pages that you have already seen and to personalize your site experience and save you time. “Persistent” Cookies enable us to recognize whether you have responded to any poll or seen an advertisement or information notice placed on the site so that we do not show you the poll, advertisement or notice again the next time you visit our site. The “persistent” cookies we use will remain on your computer after you have left our site and will expire when you log out of the Site or 60 days after your last visit for security cookies, 90 days after your last visit for poll response and alliance cookies, or two years after your last visit for advertisement and information notice cookies.
We also allow other companies to display advertisements to you while you are visiting our Sites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements from the other companies’ servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. Petrib has no control over, and is not responsible for, the practices of those third party advertisers. Petrib encourages you to review the policies of such advertisers. (You will find additional information about the following third party ad servers at www.doubleclick.com and www.atlassolutions.com/privacy. We use other third party ad servers as well; a way to opt out of third party cookies is to modify your browser settings to decline cookies as described at the end of this statement.)
We use persistent cookies and related technologies (such as web beacons described below). We also allow persistent third party cookies as part of online advertising campaigns to determine and track site traffic landing from Petrib’s advertising banners that have been placed on the websites of third parties. The data collected via these cookies is anonymous and the information is not linked to your personally identifiable information without your permission. The “persistent” cookies placed by our third party ad servers will remain on your computer after you have left our site for up to 20 years unless you choose to delete them.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies at any time by modifying your browser settings. See below for instructions. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the web site.
Additionally, Petrib uses “Flash cookies”, also known as “Local Shared Objects”, to preserve video player settings and for user authentication purposes. You can adjust your settings for your Flash cookies here.
* Web Beacons: Petrib Web pages and the Web pages of our partners also utilize electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs, clear gifs or action tags) that allow us to collect certain information about users’ visits to these Web pages (including the number of users who have visited those pages), measure and improve the effectiveness of advertisements and deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information; they are a technique used to compile aggregated statistics about web site usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of page view and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. This information may be shared with third party processors for processing on behalf of Petrib, as well as with clients, partners, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Web pages, how those visitors use those Web Pages, and the effectiveness of their advertisements and job postings. (You will find information about a current third-party processor used by Petrib at www.atlassolutions.com. We may use other third party processors as well.)
Because Web beacons are the same as any other content request included in the recipe page, you cannot opt out or refuse them. However, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in your browser.
Thank you for using Petrib.
The main browser types are listed below. If you have a different browser type, please refer to the ‘Help’ file or your handbook.
Internet Explorer 7.0
Choose Tools and then Internet Options
Click the Privacy tab
Move the slider to choose your preferred settings.
For more specialized cookie settings, click on “Advanced”
Internet Explorer 6.0
Choose Tools and then Internet Options
Click the Privacy tab
Move the slider to choose your preferred settings
For more specialized cookie settings click on “Advanced”
Mozilla Firefox 3.0
Click on the ToolsFirefoxEdit Menu
Select the Privacy panel and choose your preferred settings
Mozilla Firefox 2.0
Click on Tools, then Options (or Edit | Preferences on Linux)
Select the Privacy icon in the left-hand panel
Click on Cookies.
Choose your preferred settings.
Note that the option to block third-party cookies has been removed from Firefox 2's user interface. Firefox 2 users who wish to limit allowed cookies to those set by the originating website can use about:config to modify the preference network.cookie.cookieBehavior to "1". To modify this property simply type "about:config" (without quotes) in the Location Bar, press Enter and modify the value in the resulting page.
Other options for the network.cookie.cookieBehavior preference are set out below:
"0" All cookies are allowed. (Default)
"1" Only cookies from the originating server are allowed.
"2" No cookies are allowed.
Netscape Navigator 7
Choose Preferences from the Edit menu.
Select Privacy & Security, then select Cookies.
Choose your preferred settings.
Netscape Navigator 6
Choose Preferences from the Edit menu.
Select Privacy & Security, then select Cookies.
Choose your preferred settings.
Click on the File menu on the Opera tool bar
Go to Preferences at the bottom of the File menu
Click Privacy and select one of the available options
Safari 1.0 (MacOS X)
Choose Preferences from Safari menu
Select Security icon
Cookie settings are shown in window
Choose your preferred settings
Update effective 31 July 2010